The Facilities Project Manager (PM) may serve as the University’s representative and project manager on projects ranging from major capital to campus renovation, renewal and infrastructure projects. In general, this position will be responsible for managing all phases of the assigned projects to ensure on time, on budget delivery in alignment with University strategies, initiatives and campus design standards, as well as relevant codes.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
• Bachelor’s degree in design, architecture, engineering, construction management or relevant discipline is required
• Minimum five (5) years of progressive project management experience in design, architecture, engineering and/or construction industry including working effectively with multi-disciplinary client teams
• Minimum of three (3) years as Owner’s Project Representative managing renovation and/or infrastructure projects in a large institutional setting with direct experience on project programming, scoping and estimating and design development
• Must complete MCPPO (Massachusetts Procurement Training) with demonstrated understanding of C149, C149A, and C3039M regulations within 1 year of assignment
• Must complete OSHA10 certification within 6 months of assignment
• Demonstrated working knowledge of Building Codes, BOCA Codes, and ADA regulations
• Ability to read and interpret CADD drawings and specifications Preferred Qualifications:
• Professional Master’s degree and/or complementary professional degree in architecture, design, engineering, construction, planning, landscape or related discipline helpful
• Construction industry and/or project management related certifications or registrations such as Registered Architect, Professional Engineer, Construction Supervisor, LEED, BIM, BOCE
• Experience with oversight of ground-up construction or multi-million-dollar construction projects, laboratory buildings, science facilities, institution/residential buildings, and other institutional facilities is desirable
• Experience with design or installation of mechanical, electrical, or plumbing systems. Working knowledge of MEPS specifications, current industry standards, and energy codes is desirable
• Experience with Massachusetts public procurement construction laws is highly desirable
• Ability to prepare CADD drawings
Special Instructions to Applicants: Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period. Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications is received.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to: http://explorejobs.uml.edu/lowell/en-us/job/494080/project-manager-facilities Names and contact information of three references will be required at the time of application.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.