AGC MA Proposes Changes to By LawsApril 17, 2018In accordance with Article XVII Amendments the Board of Directors is recommending the following proposed changes to the AGC MA Bylaws, which will be presented to the Membership at the May 4 Annual Meeting.
Article IV – Government:
- Section 2: Adds two additional designated voted Board seats; the Chair of the Construction Leadership Council (CLC) and the Chair of the Building Women in Construction Council (BWiC).
- Section 3: Abolishes the reference to the CLC Chair as being a non-voting Board member.
- Section 3: Abolishes the four-year term limit for the Attorney Representative Board member and states that this seat serves at the discretion of the Board.
- Section 5: Adds the Chairs of the CLC and BWiC to the exception that only one representative of a Constructor firm can serve on the Board.
- Section 7: Adds the Chairs of the CLC and BWiC to the exception that the normal term of a Board seat is three years.
Article VI, Powers & Duties of the Officers
- Section 3: Allows for the option for the Secretary/Treasurer to conduct an annual “Review” instead of an annual “Audit”
Article VII, Powers & Duties of the Board
- Section 4: Lowers the minimum number of Board meetings per year from eight to six.
Article IX, Advisory Council
- Sections 1 -6: Abolishes all 6 sections on Article IX , so there is no more formal structure for an Advisory Council in the Bylaws.
Article XIII, Meetings
- Section 11: Extends electronic consensus polling in between meetings of the Board of Directors to the general Membership as well.
The AGC MA news bulletin offers up to date information on programs, events, industry trends and more...
Get Connected by joining our mailing list!