- Communicate with architects, designers, and general contractors to solve problems / find creative and practical solutions.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and general contractors.
- Read and interpret construction drawings and specifications to determine project scope.
- Complete detailed independent takeoffs and gather relevant product quotes.
- Evaluate pricing and prepare detailed estimates and bid proposals for multiple concurrent projects.
- Compile and organize project-related documents, drawings, and quotes.
- Collaborate within the estimating team to coordinate meetings and tasks with your peers.
This may be the job for you if:
- You’ve earned a Bachelor's degree or equivalent. A GPA of 3.4 or above is preferred and a degree in the field of construction or design is a plus.
- You're a team player, but are comfortable working independently and can keep a level head under pressure.
- You can multi-task and complete assignments under tight deadlines.
- You write well and speak powerfully. You can explain complex situations with ease.
- You are attentive and conscientious. You are willing to take personal responsibility for your work and are interested and invested in expanding your industry knowledge.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel, Procore, and Bluebeam is a plus.