CLC Site Tour - 33 Congress Square Part IIName: CLC Site Tour - 33 Congress Square Part IIDate: November 30, 2017Time: 4:00 PM - 6:00 PM ESTRegistration: Register NowEvent Description:
33 Congress Square
Congress Square, surrounded by the high rises of Boston?s Financial District is comprised of five, interconnected historic commercial buildings spanning an entire city block, built between 1899 and 1921. The redevelopment is pushing the trend of integrating the old with new and transforming an austere financial epicenter with rich architectural history into a lively, urban destination for businesses and shoppers alike.
The multi-phased project consists of complete interior gut renovations and M/E/P upgrades to three of the five buildings as well as a seven-story addition to 33 Congress Street. The weight of the addition is supported by 14 steel transfer ?super columns? installed through the original ten-story building. The steel structure recently topped off at floor 18 and has begun installation of its striking curtain wall system.
- Installation of concrete core installed inside of four existing structures
- Scanning of entire existing structure to aid in design & detailing of structural connections new to old.
- Unique transfer girder design
- ?Super Columns?
- Shoring of existing 100+ year old structures
- Removal of (6) 100+ year old bank vaults
- Restoration of 1908 original bank lobby ceiling as seen in the Thomas Crown Affair with James Dean
The AGC MA news bulletin offers up to date information on programs, events, industry trends and more...
Get Connected by joining our mailing list!